The Schram Memorial Chapel in the Glen

The Schram Memorial Chapel in the Glen

The Schram Memorial Chapel was built in the Glenview Naval Air Station in 1941 to serve as a place of worship for those living at the  or passing through the military base during WWII. It was named after renowned Navy stuntman flyer, Richard A Schram. When the Glenview Naval Air Station closed, it was relocated and restored by the Village of Glenview at its current location at the Glen. It is the only operating NAS chapels in the USA that is still operating. Currently, it is a non-denominational chapel, meaning many different religions may hold services there. It is known today to be a local favorite spot for weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and other social events.

Schram Memorial Chapel